Fredericksburg Texas Real Estate: 830-990-8708

Area Resources for Fredericksburg Texas & Gillespie County

Electricity in the City Limits

The City provides electrical service to most city residential and commercial customers. To establish service or to ask questions related to billing, contact the

Utility Billing Department at 830-997-7521.

Additional information is available on the website regarding establishing service and rates.

For outages during normal business hours or service issues, contact the Electric Department at 830-997-7521. Outside of normal business hours, call 830-997-8080.

Water & Sewer

The City provides fresh water service and sewer/wastewater service to all City residents and commercial customers.

To establish service or to ask questions related to billing, contact the

Utility Billing Department 830-997-7521

Additional information is available on the website regarding establishing service and rates.

To report a water main break, sewer backup, fire hydrant leak, or for other service issues during normal business hours, contact the Water Department at 830-997-7521.

Outside of normal business hours, you may also report a water main break or fire hydrant issue by calling 830-997-8080.


The primary local phone company in Fredericksburg is Verizon. For new service, service changes, or problems, contact them at 1-800-VERIZON FREE.

Garbage Collection

The City of Fredericksburg offers garbage collection for residential customers only. Commercial garbage collection is provided by private, for-profit companies.

Cable Television

The cable television franchise operator is Time Warner Cable. For new service, service changes, or problems, contact them at 830-997-4646.

Natural Gas

Natural gas service is available to all City residents through Atmos Energy. For new service or service changes, contact them at 1-888-286-6700 (FREE). If you smell natural gas or suspect a gas leak, call 9-1-1 and the Fredericksburg Fire Department will respond. The Fire Department will contact Atmos Energy as necessary for emergency repairs.

Electricity Provider in the County

Central Texas Electrical Cooperative Fredericksburg, Texas (Headquarters)
386 Friendship Lane
P.O. Box 553,
Fredericksburg, TX 78624-0553
Phone 830.997.2126   Fax 830.997.9034

If you are moving into the Central Texas Electric Co-op service territory and will need to establish new electric service or transfer service to another location within our service territory, you must first contact the CTEC office nearest your location during regular business hours.  A Member Service Representative or Engineering Representative can explain the process, and what paperwork and fees will be needed.

Well Registration & Permitting

Hill Country Underground Water Conservation District
508 South Washington
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Phone 830.997.4472 Fax 830.997.6721

The Hill Country Underground Water Conservation District has adopted rules that require wells used for irrigation, commercial and public water supply be permitted with the District. District rules also required that permitted wells must be set back from property lines and other permitted wells. Consequently, it is important that individuals before beginning any commercial operation in Gillespie County contact the District to find out what is required. In addition, the District can provide very useful information as to what the groundwater availability is throughout the county, which can vary considerably.

Commercial Water Supply & Storm Water Retention

TCEQ Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section


The Small Business and Local Government Assistance program provides confidential technical assistance without the threat of enforcement. We are available to help you with any questions related to compliance with our rules or to our programs. You can start by calling our toll-free hotline at 800-447-2827, or by sending an e-mail to

Well Water Testing

Upper Guadalupe River Authority

125 Lehmann Drive, Suite 100 | Kerrville, Texas 78028

Phone (830) 896-5445
Fax (830) 257-2621

The UGRA Environmental Laboratory is a full-service laboratory serving Kerr County and surrounding areas. The Laboratory’s analytical services include the bacteriological, chemical, and biological testing of water, wastewater, soils, and sludges.  The Laboratory is certified by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and is one of the largest microbiological laboratories in the region.  The environmental staff is committed to providing precise data in a timely fashion with the highest level of customer service.

Requirements For Property in the ETJ (Extra Territorial Jurisdiction)

City of Fredericksburg Development Services Department

126 West Main Street

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Phone 830.997.7521

Fax 830.997.1861


The Subdivision Ordinance of the City of Fredericksburg, adopted March 2014, and as amended, applies to all of the area lying within the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) of the City and the rules and regulations within said Subdivision Regulations governing plats and subdivision of land shall be applicable to such area within said ETJ from and after the passage date stated above.  The ETJ extends one mile from the City Limits.  A map of the ETJ is provided on the City’s website at or in the Development Services Department. Additionally, in Development services, the civil code enforcement officer enforces the sign ordinance (Chapter 29, Section 29-1 to 29-7-Municipal Code) in the ETJ.

Who Do I Contact About Opening A Business In Gillespie County?

Gillespie County Economic Development Commission

302 East Austin

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Phone No. 830.997.6523

Email Address:

Who Do I Contact About Opening A Food & Beverage Establishment?

Gillespie County Health Division

126 West Main, Fredericksburg, TX 78624

830.997.7521 Fax: 830.997.1861

Kelli Olfers, Director of GCHD,

The Gillespie County Health Division is responsible for permitting and conducting recurring inspections on all food and or beverage service establishments within Gillespie County. These inspections are in accordance with State and local laws designed to protect the health and safety of the public.
Texas Department of State Health Services


Fax: (512) 834-6681

Who Do I Contact To Get A Rural Address Number For 9-1-1?

Gillespie County Rural 9-1-1 Addressing

101 West Main St. Mail Unit 9 Room B-106

Fredericksburg, TX 78624-3700

Phone 830-997-1726 * Fax 830-997-9867

Raynell Wilke, Rural Addressing Database Manager and County 9-1-1 Coordinator

Septic Permitting & Flood Plain Information

Is there permitting for a property that is in the flood plain?

Gillespie County On-Site Sewage Facilities/Septic Permits/Floodplain Office

Dwayn Boos, Designated Representative,
Office Hours:   Monday – Friday

Phone 830-997-8191
8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. (in the office)
1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. (inspections)

On-Site Sewage Facilities (OSSF)

Gillespie County has adopted rules that require approved wastewater disposal in ALL areas of Gillespie County regardless of acreage size. Applicants must submit an application with required supporting information and fee(s) to the Gillespie County Sanitation Department for approval prior to starting construction on the OSSF.

Floodplain Regulations in Gillespie County

Floodplain regulations are enforced to protect public safety and health. To determine if your property/development is in the floodplain contact Gillespie County Sanitation/Floodplain Department or to look at a flood map.   A development permit is REQUIRED for any work performed in a designated flood-hazard boundary area; this includes new construction, improvements or additions to existing structure (s) in the floodplain.

How Do I Find Out If Utility Lines Are Buried On My Property?

If you need information on underground utilities.

Where Do I Get Information About Obtaining Access For An Entrance If My Property Is Located On A State Highway?

Texas Department of Transportation – Fredericksburg Office

1623 E. Main
Fredericksburg TX 78624
(830) 997-4361 or

When it is necessary to obtain or modify access to a state-maintained highway, the owner/developer needs to contact the local TxDOT office to complete an application for a permit to construct a new or revise an existing driveway.  While there is no fee for the permit, a permit is still required to ensure that the driveway location meets TxDOT’s criteria and regulations for access to the state highway system.

What Are The Requirements Of ADA For Public Facilities?

Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation – Accessibility Regulations Architectural Barriers Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS)

P.O. Box 12157
Austin, Texas 78711512-463-6599
800-803-9202 (Toll-Free in Texas)
512-475-2871 FAX
800-735 2989 (Relay Texas – TDD)
800-735-2988 (Relay Texas – Voice)

For information regarding the Texas Architectural Barriers Act, Architectural Barriers Rules, or the Texas Accessibility Standards, contact:


877-278-0999 X 42133 (Toll-Free in Texas)
512-539-5690 FAX
800-735-2989 (Relay Texas – TDD)
800-735-2988 (Relay Texas – Voice)

Who Do I Contact If I Want To Subdivide My Property That Is Located Outside Of The ETJ (Extra Territorial Jurisdiction) of Fredericksburg Texas?

County Subdivision Regulations

Wayne Wells 830.998.0163